Saturday, September 08, 2007

Moan

I dressed up very prettily today, and then B and I had a perfectly lovely lunch date (Hau Hua is incredible!), and then my wallet got stolen at Oxford Bookstore. Bloody thief. Bloody bookstore. I kept my wallet on a pile of books, moved away about 3 steps, and came back in less than 5 seconds, and it was gone! According to the store assistants, their surveillance system consists of scrolling/streaming video, and nothing is actually recorded. What the fuck? I asked what they do in case someone lifts a book—apparently, nothing; on an average, thirty books are lifted every month, supposedly. I don't bloody believe them.

Items lost: Rs. 620 in cash, house keys, one passport size photograph of myself, hundreds of thousands of receipts, some visiting cards, and assorted crumpled bits that are important only to me. And a very nice wallet. Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah.

The last time B and I were out dressed formally, he lost his phone. Conclusion: I must not wear a saree on dates.

P.S.: I have Bartimaeus, part 2, and Kombol has found a home, and Hanky cheered me up with tea. And I did have a rather great afternoon. So some consolation.