Thursday, September 28, 2006

Panchami

I have fever. So much of it that I couldn't go to university and write my exam yesterday. Instead, I had to call up the Dreaded Man and ask him if I could somehow take the test later. He said something to the effect of "We'll see." But it didn't sound particularly ominous, so there's hope for me yet. So how much fever do I have, you ask me, that I needed to call up Him Who Must Not Be Called? Well, to tell you the truth, I don't know. Because one thermometer says that everybody in my family has body temperature five degrees below normal, and I broke the otehr one yesterday. So in the middle of it all, I had to run around the room chasing little globules of escaping mercury. Well.
My illnesses have great faith in geometric progression, methinks. First there was fever, then there was headache, then there was body-ache, and now there is runny tummy, irritated chest, and allergy! The allergy thingy is the WORST. Little annoying red rasy things have been spreading over my body like colonies of alien spores since last night. My neck! My arms! Oh my thighs that look like they've been amputated and repaired with lobster bits! Oh my stomach that runs like a leaky tank! I am gross, I know. But you can help - kill me nooooow.
And in spite of all this, I will be bold and venture forth. I will go to university, and have the ceremonial coffee-biri, 'cause 'tis the last day before Pujo vacations begin, and I will not be visiting often during vacation. Also, I must procure books and things and find out about assignments and all. Bwaaaaaaaaaaaaah. I'm a geek. I also have high plans of going and buying myself clothes after that (I've finally realised that Pujo is here and I desperately want to wear new clothes - so much so that I actually sat and altered a purty purty skirt to fit last night even though I was on the verge of collapse), but I think I'll pass out looooong before that comes to pass.

Newsflash! Newsflash! My father has taken a look at my pathetic red self, and got off his homoeopathy horse and allowed me to pop a Cetzine. And I might be going to a doctor in the evening to get more medicine. Blessed be!

P.S.: Some sympathy might be welcome there as well. :)