Wednesday, December 28, 2005

post no. 350

i'm moderately phone-deaf. maane, i've actually had my suspicions for a while, but this evening they've all been confirmed. in the course of a three and a half minute call, i said what? about forty eight and half times because i couldn't for the life of me hear what was being said. a thread of conversation was actually abandoned because i kept on repeating what? as if it was the only word i knew. i'm pretty sure that soon i'll go generally deaf as well. that, added to the fact that i'm losing my hair at the same rate as i'm losing my appetite - the mother gleefully insists that i'm going bald and i very unwillingly must admit that i am, and the hints of a developing bhnuri, and the fact of examinations through christmas week, is making me most miserable.