Friday, March 07, 2008

And while we are pretending that this blog is not dead

Mia: BCL has sent me a strange mailer

Aishwarya: ?

Mia:
Be intellectually stimulated from our recent collection of Lifestyle, Self- development, Fiction and Children books
(it's an advert for their bookfair stall)

Aishwarya:
ah.. :D

Mia:
intellectually stimulated by children books
and i had thought that the day would never come

Aishwarya:
I am!

Mia:
how do children books grow up?

Aishwarya:
they don't
it are like peter pan
ooh
or aslan

Mia:
i are not narnia-read

Aishwarya:
illiterate in the ways of christian indoctrination you are

Mia:
but i can sing twenty hymns

Aishwarya:
I also

Mia:
including one in hindi and one in bangla

Aishwarya:
I have nice book titled Come and Praise
I do not sings hymns in hindi. or anything in bangla.

Mia:
dil ka darwaza khula hua
humaare dil mein aao prabhu
koi tujhsa dekha na kahin
sach hain yeh mere yeshu
i find the translation of 'my lord is true' utterly fascinating

Aishwarya:
LOL yes

Mia:
unless whoever wrote it actually meant 'my lord is real'
maybe it is a song to convert little bengali girls to christianity. by affirming the reality of jesus

Aishwarya:
LOL

Mia:
i am sure there was another hindi hymn, can't remember the lines, though
oh, do you know, i also know the russian do re mi song?

Aishwarya:
I knew one in gaelic at one point. :P
!!

Mia:
and a hindi militant song praising netaji
my god, no wonder i have turned out strange.

Aishwarya: :O

Mia:
considering what was being drilled into my head in my pre-pubescent and early adolescent days

Aishwarya:
poor darling

Mia:
oh shite, i just remembered the bhakti geeti style bangla hymn

Aishwarya:
hm?

Mia:
you have to hear it to believe it

Aishwarya:
.. I am afraid to

Mia: it is best not to, i think.